South Bintan Heritage Tour
Amidst a surreal setting that could very well be in Mainland China, over 500 life-sized, (Louhan) statues await your coming - each one human-like, unique and different from the next. Embark on this full-day historical tour to explore the colorful enchanting heritage and lifestyle of Bintan Island.
The tour brings you to Senggarang, a little Chinese fishing settlement where you will find an intriguing 200-years-old Banyan Tree, a popular pilgrimage site for the local Buddhists. Walk through the Chinese Park and you will see a Giant Buddha statue watching and protecting the island.
While in Penyengat Island, you will come upon interesting heritage sites such as an old Dutch fort, old palaces, and the Sultan of Riau’s Grand Mosque.
Also not to be missed is Tanjung Pinang, the capital and harbor of Bintan Island where you will get a glimpse into the daily lifestyle of this local trading port. Along the way, stop and shop for dried seafood and various types of kerupuk (prawn/fish flavored cracker), one of Tanjung Pinang’s favorite snack.
|0900||Meet & Greet at lobby hotel. Transfer to Tanjungpinang|
|1000||Arrive at 500 Lohan Temple. Walking Tour commence|
|1100||Arrive at Tanjungpinang. Transfer to Pulau Penyengat by Water Taxi "Pongpong". Tour around Penyengat Island by Trishaw|
|1200||Transfer to Senggarang by Water Taxi. Tour of the Chinese settlement village, including a 200-yr old Chinese temple nestled in a Banyan Tree|
|1300||Transfer to main town – Tanjung Pinang by water taxi. Enjoying the Local lunch. Immerse and interact with the local culture through shopping around Tanjung Pinang town & Shopping at Tanjungpinang City Center Mall.|
|1530||Heading back to Bintan Resorts|
|1700||Arrive in Bintan Resorts & transfer back to hotel|
- Two ways Land Transfer
- English Speaking Guide
- Bottle Drinking Water
- All meals and beverage unspecified
- Travel insurance
- All of airfares, airport tax, visa fee
- Personal expenses, optional visit and other services unspecified
- Surcharge for special occasion, gala dinner on Christmas, New Year and other public holiday
- 7 days prior to departure date: 100% of reservation cost
- 8-14 days prior to departure date: 50% of reservation cost
- 15-29 days prior to departure date: 25% of reservation cost
- 30 or more days prior to departure date: 10% of reservation cost